Investment Home Loans are loans issued for the purchase of residential
property as an investment. These loans work similarly to a regular home loan
with comparable rates and conditions. If you are finding it difficult to
qualify for an owner-occupied home loan, you may still qualify for an
investment home loan due to the added rental income.
Tips in selecting a potential investment property
- Seek the details of the area of the potential investment property (i.e.
potential tenants, and also the possibility of selling the property in a
short amount of time.)
- Ensure you have enough money to cover expenses in the cases of vacant
time between tenants.
- Facilities available in the area (i.e. shopping centres, schools, public
transport, medical centres, etc.)
- Landlord insurance should be considered including vacancy insurance;
- Make sure you obtain references for potential tenants;
- Consider Living conditions (i.e. heavy traffic conditions, industrial